The Advanced Manufacturing Training Center is a $13.73 million educational facility located in Milton, WI that features more than 100,000 square feet of lab and classroom space. The campus houses eight individualized programs in the manufacturing industry, with equipment and space that reflects the modern manufacturing environment of advanced systems and automation.
Welcome to BTC’s Advanced Manufacturing Training Center and its…
- 40 Welding Bays
- 6 Automated-Systems Labs including Robotics, Servo, Hydraulics, PLC and Process Control
- 5 Training Labs including Fabrication, CNC, Industrial Maintenance, Mechanical Design and HVAC/Refrigeration
- 1 Manufacturing Information Technology Classroom, where BTC houses the only state-approved Manufacturing IT program in the state of Wisconsin
- Capstone Lab, where students from a variety of disciplines utilize 15,000 square feet to work together on creative projects
- Capture Cameras, where students watch projections of up-close lab work through the use of camera technology
In October 2012, following an assessment of need, Blackhawk Technical College (BTC) released a request for proposal for lease and/or purchase of a 100,000 square foot facility in the College’s district for use as a manufacturing training center. Five proposals were received with the 15 Plumb Street, Milton WI facility, a former industrial plant, rated as the number one responsive proposal.
Plunkett Raysich Architects (PRA) completed a preliminary assessment of the facility and provided a cost estimate for renovation of the space to serve as a training center. The District Board and Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Board finalized a request for lease of facility in May 2013.
Construction was broken into two phases. Phase 1 construction began September 2013 and was completed in Summer 2014, with Phase 1 educational programs beginning in August 2014. Construction on Phase 2 began September 2014 and was completed May 2015. The remaining manufacturing programs were relocated to the new training center for educational training starting August 2015.